||View Job Listings|
||Post a job|
Past Issue of DM Review Magazine
||Clarity, Simplicity & Usability
Robert Koolen, president and CEO of arcplan, Inc., has led the company to unprecented growth over the past year due to his enthusiasm for the company and its unique approach to analytic application development.
Dollars & Sense
Answers! I Want Answers!
Maximize Business Performance
IT Readiness for Performance Management
A Brief History of Architecture
Enterprise Architecture View
Information Delivery Shortcuts, Part 1
Meta Data & Knowledge Management
MME Best Practices Case Study Allstate Insurance, Part 3
The Power of Metrics
KPIs: Avoiding the Threshold McGuffins
Business Process Management Languages Part 2: BPML
Building a Culture of Sarbanes-Oxley Sustainment
The Data Strategy Advisor
Oracle Dominates Data Warehousing Survey
Data Integration Advisor
Mitigating Meta Data Misery
David M. Raab
Building Business Intelligence
Introducing the Data Warehouse Appliance, Part 2
Plain English about Information Quality
IQ in the News: Lessons Learned
Loyalty Best Practices
Substance, Not Sizzle, Earns Customer Loyalty
Driving Toward Action: The Strategy Stage
Understanding the Three E's of Integration EAI, EII and ETL
Quantitative vs. Categorical Data: A Difference Worth Knowing
New Mexico Utility Lights Up with Hummingbird Enterprise
Hummingbird Ltd. - HA-Suite
Carolinas HealthCare Chooses IBM TotalStorage Open Software
IBM Corporation - Tivoli Storage Manager
From the Publisher
DM Review, along with our research partner, the Gantry Group LLC, has recently completed a comprehensive study on the BI markets relative to adoption, implementation and business value. What we have learned from the results of the survey (completed by 551 corporate and IT executives) validates our position in the market: providing our readers with the knowledge required to provide business justification for BI, and explaining the process for successful implementation and end-user adoption.
Additionally, this study validates the need in the market for more business-focused content for corporate executives, explaining the business benefits of BI. This April, DM Review's parent company, SourceMedia (formerly Thomson Media) will launch a quarterly magazine titled Business Intelligence Review or BI Review. This magazine will complement DM Review.
Along these lines, we are also pleased to inform you that SourceMedia will be hosting its first BI conference, the BI Forum, April 17-19 at the new JW Marriott Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Arizona. Please take a moment to review the agenda for the conference (at www.sourcemediaconferences.com/conferences/BI05), and join us if you can for what will surely be an exciting three days!
In this issue:
- The Information Supply Chain: Achieving Business Objectives by Enhancing Critical Business Processes, by George Marinos of PricewaterhouseCoopers. Just as raw materials move through a physical supply chain on their way to becoming finished goods, data moves in a very similar manner through an information supply chain.
- Pervasive Business Intelligence: Enhancing Key Performance Indicators, by Dave Mittereder of Citigate Hudson. BI is evolving from traditional BI to pervasive BI, which empowers everyone in the organization, at all levels, with analytics, alerts and feedback mechanisms. It's a new paradigm with potentially enormous benefits - and far-reaching cultural implications.
- Using Advanced Analytics to Drive Better Business Decisions, by Peter Arena, Stephen Rhody and Michael Stavrianos of ASR Analytics. This article examines the real value of advanced analytics as well as the unique challenges of integrating decision management into the BI architecture.
This month's featured columns include:
- Building a Culture of Sarbanes-Oxley Sustainment, by Jane Griffin
- MME Best Practices Case Study - Allstate Insurance, Part 3, by David Marco
- IT Readiness for Performance Management, by Craig Schiff
Enjoy the issue!