If you do not see a particular word or phrase that you would like to know the definition of, please let us know by writing to MaryJo.Nott@sourcemedia.com and indicate the term you would like us to add to the Glossary.
- Warehouse Business Directory
- Provides business professionals access to the data warehouse by browsing a catalog of contents.
- Warehouse Technical Directory
- Defines and manages an information life cycle, a definition of warehouse construction, change management, impact analysis, distribution and operation of a warehouse.
- Web Analytics
- Tools that offer analytical capabilities beyond the usual
access log file, i.e., clickstream data, analyses. Some of
the names some people have given this type of analysis are
Web mining, data Web housing, e-business intelligence, e-
business analysis and e-intelligence.
- Web Services
- Web services are a new way of connecting business. Web services are platform-neutral and vendor-independent protocols that enable any form of distributed processing to be performed using XML and Web-based technologies.
- Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
- Web services description language is a specification that is published to a UDDI directory. WSDL provides interface/implementation details of available Web services and UDDI Registrants. It leverages XML to describe data types, details, interface, location and protocols.
- Web Services Interoperability Organization (WS-I)
- The Web Services Interoperability Organization is an open industry effort chartered to promote Web Services interoperability across platforms, applications, and programming languages. The organization brings together a diverse community of Web services leaders to respond to customer needs by providing guidance, recommended practices, and supporting resources for developing interoperable Web services.
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- The World Wide Web Consortium has become the primary organization for creating Web specifications, and whose principal goal is interoperability.
- Web services for remote portlets (WSRP) is an OASIS specification for using Web services to deliver information to Internet portals will help to promote reuse.
* definition provided by Hyperion.