If you do not see a particular word or phrase that you would like to know the definition of, please let us know by writing to MaryJo.Nott@sourcemedia.com and indicate the term you would like us to add to the Glossary.
- Query From Hell
- Quality Assurance
- The process of ensuring a correct result.
- A (usually) complex SELECT statement for decision support. See Ad-Hoc Query or Ad-Hoc Query Software.
- Query Governor
- A facility that terminates a database query when it has exceeded a predefined threshold.
- Query Response Times
- The time it takes for the warehouse engine to process a complex query across a large volume of data and return the results to the requester.
- Query Tools
- Software that allows a user to create and direct specific questions to a data base. These tools provide the means for pulling the desired information from a database. They are typically SQL-based tools and allow a user to define data in end-user language.
* definition provided by Hyperion.