If you do not see a particular word or phrase that you would like to know the definition of, please let us know by writing to MaryJo.Nott@sourcemedia.com and indicate the term you would like us to add to the Glossary.
- Gantt chart
- A Gantt chart is a horizontal bar chart developed as a production control tool in 1917 by Henry L. Gantt, an American engineer and social scientist. A Gantt chart provides a graphical illustration of a schedule that helps to plan, coordinate, and track specific tasks in a project.
- A software product that allows SQL-based applications to access relational and non-relational data sources.
- Global Business Models
- Provides access to information scattered throughout an enterprise under the control of different divisions or departments with different databases and data models. This type of data warehouse is difficult to build because it requires users from different divisions to come together to define a common data model for the warehouse.
- Degree of summarization of data.
- Grid Computing
- A Web-based operation that will allow companies to share
computing resources on demand.
- GUI stands for Graphical User Interface.
* definition provided by Hyperion.