IQub Releases OLAP Browser Version 4
||Online News published in DMReview.com
November 14, 2005
IQub, a Canadian provider of business intelligence software solutions, has announced the latest release in their line of business intelligence and reporting products, OLAP Browser Version 4. OLAP Browser is an on-demand, point-and-click analysis and reporting solution for non-technical SQL Server users that turns raw data into relevant information supporting business decisions. "Anybody who makes decisions, from the clerk right up to the CEO, would find this product useful," stated John Chalker, director of Business Development at IQub. "You don't need to rely on IT to get the information you need."
OLAP Browser Version v.4 is truly a unique product. It goes beyond the functionality of an ordinary desktop application and can match the convenience of web based analysis through:
- Install - Quick and easy install (less than 1 minute)
- Updates - Auto software updates through internet
- Direct Access - Direct connect or LAN access to SQL's Analysis Server cubes via a standard network connection
- Remote Access - Remote or internet access to SQL's Analysis Server cubes via HTTP connection
- Offline Access - Ability to create and access local cubes for offline processing. Ideal at the office, at home or on the road, with no external connection required
- Delivery - Ability to edit, filter, and replicate cubes for distribution. Ideal for slicing cubes by function or region for delivery to departments
- Collaboration - Ability to create reports or share cube interactive views with other users for collaborative analysis
OLAP Browser leaves only a small footprint on the desktop and installation takes less than a minute. "Essentially, it's a Microsoft look and feel product," Chalker related. "The way we laid it out is very conducive to someone used to that kind of environment," he said. Pricing is on a per seat/desktop basis and the software is available to download for a free trial.
For more information on related topics visit the following related portals...
This piece has been brought to you by the DM Review Editorial staff.
Provided by IndustryBrains
|Best Practices in BI: Webcast featuring Gartner|
View this free Webcast featuring Gartner and Information Builders and hear leading experts share their vision for the future of enterprise business intelligence, including how to maximize the success and ROI of BI applications through best practices.
|Autotask: The IT Business Solution|
Run your tech support, IT projects and more with our web-based business management. Optimizes resources and tracks billable project and service work. Get a demo via the web, then try it free with sample data. Click here for your FREE WHITE PAPER!
|See Enterprise Business Intelligence in Action|
See how business intelligence can be used to solve real business problems with this live demo from Information Builders
|Design Databases with ER/Studio: Free Trial|
ER/Studio delivers next-generation data modeling. Multiple, distinct physical models based on a single logical model give you the tools you need to manage complex database environments and critical metadata in an intuitive user interface.
|Verify Data at the Point of Collection: Free Trial|
Protect against fraud, waste and excess marketing costs by cleaning your customer database of inaccurate, incomplete or undeliverable addresses. Add on phone check, name parsing and geo-coding as needed. FREE trial of Data Quality dev tools here.
|Click here to advertise in this space|